How to contribute to code to the CHT
Contributing to the Community Health Toolkit
There are many ways to contribute to the Community Health Toolkit.
Are you a developer?
The Development section of the forum is a great place to introduce yourself and ask questions. Or you can also jump right in:
- Issues labeled help wanted are a great place to start.
- Learn to build and host apps, and share your experiences
- Share a new idea or question on our Forum
Are you a researcher, designer, or health practitioner?
Are you a partner wondering how issues are prioritized?
There are a number of factors that contribute to prioritization of work. The following represents important factors that are often evaluated together to have the best chance for the largest impact if a partner will:
- Upgrade to get the feature/bugfix
- Help validate, design and prototype the feature
- Offer a time-bound funding opportunity which may influence when something gets done, provided that it aligns with the CHT product vision.
- Be blocked by it for a major release or expansion
- Has users that are unable to use the CHT or experience it in a way that results in providing degraded care
Will get prioritized. Further, internally, a ticket may be needed to facilitate a release or perform important upgrades as is critical to do in the maintenance of software.
Also, improvements and ideas for this doc site are always welcome!
How to contribute to documentation for the CHT
CHT Technical Radars for Contributors and Implementers
The Code of Conduct for the CHT community
Compilation of guidelines and product development processes used at Medic
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.