Navigating CHT Apps
Summary of Page Tabs
Page tabs are the primary way to navigate apps built with the Core Framework. The number of tabs is variable depending on the user’s role and place in the hierarchy. For example, non-admin users don’t have Messages. The Reports tab is accessible to CHWs but often located inside the secondary menu drawer.
- Messages: A place for community-based staff to send and exchange messages
- Tasks: This is a list of upcoming visits, follow-ups, or other required tasks
- Reports: A detailed history of all forms submitted by CHWs and other staff
- People: This is where profiles of districts, staff, CHWs and patients live
- Targets: Displays real-time visualizations of key activity and impact indicators
The Menu Drawer
Tap the menu icon in the upper right corner of the header to access other pages, edit personal settings, view sync status and more.
- Admin Console: Change advanced app settings (only admin users will see this)
- Guided Tour: Review new features and important tips
- About: View your app version and other detailed database information
- User Settings: Update basic user information like email, phone number, and password
- Report Bug: Let us know if something isn’t working or you encounter errors
- Log Out: Sign out of the app
Data synchronisation is important for offline users. These users keep a copy of the data they have access to on their device. They can work from their device while disconnected from the internet (offline), by reading from and writing to their copy of the data. “Sync” (synchronisation) is when data on the device is made to match the data on the server. Synchronisation consists of uploading all new or altered data from the device to the server, and downloading new or altered data from the server to the device. This latter step may include the download of software updates to the CHT core or CHT app when available.
At the bottom of the menu is a notification which provides important information about data synchronisation.
If the sync status is green and says “All reports synced,” this means you have successfully uploaded the most recent data on your device to the server. It also means that you downloaded the latest data from the server as of the time displayed. Note that there could be more recent data changes on the server, and it doesn’t guarantee you are up to date.
If the indicator is red, it means you have data changes waiting to be uploaded to the server. You should check your internet and data connection to ensure a successful sync.
Triggering a manual sync by clicking the “Sync now” button will provide feedback at every step of the process through a snackbar appearing on the bottom side of the screen.
It will also allow to retry the sync process in case of failure.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.